Sunday, February 14, 2010

CCC Challenge: Everything Plus Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookies

I rate these cookies similar to my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip walnut cookies, but even better! Because these have coconut as well. I found this recipe from one of those health magazines that are always in the check lines of grocery stores, which got me thinking. . . is butter and chocolate good for you? Because if so, I just found my new diet! Hah. I'm definitely kidding, but it did give me a good chuckle reading this recipe in a Health magazine with a flat abbed women posted on the cover with subtitles advertising that you can eat cookies to stay slim? Well regardless and aside from all the questions about this particular magazine, I absolutely loved these cookies!
There were so many ingredients, I at first thought it might be a tad overwhelming. But indeed it was the exact opposite; each ingredient played a key roll in the taste of this cookie, and the cookie just would not have tasted nearly as good if any of the main ingredients went missing. There is something about chocolate and oatmeal that make my mouth water. And don't even get me started about the mix of a nutty chocolate with coconut! The taste of these cookies were just extraordinarily delicious and a new fave of my family's. Anyone is bound to enjoy this scrumptious little thing.
Ingredients:
one cup butter softened
one cup light brown sugar packed
one half cup granulated sugar
two teaspoons vanilla extract
two extra large eggs
one teaspoon ground sea salt
one teaspoon fresh baking soda
one and half cup all purpose plain flour
one cup rolled oats
one and half cup sweetened coconut
eight ounces semisweet chocolate chips
one cup finely chopped toasted pecans (have some only coarsely chopped)
LETS COOK!
preheat over to 375 F. In large bowl beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, salt, baking soda and flour until mixture is all combined. stir in rolled oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans. Drop one tablespoon of dough on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 to 13 minutes or until brown on bottom and edges. Cool, serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment