Sunday, February 14, 2010

CCC Challenge: Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
Cheers to the chocolate chip cookie challenge, for this is my last and final post about chocolate chip cookies for a long, long time. I have just written well over eight pages on chocolate chip cookies and the many varieties that have derived from a simple and classic cookie. So here it goes to my final cookie that underwent the ultimate chocolate chip cookie challenge. And this cookie was saved for last simply because I liked the pictures the best and wanted to have them posted first on my blog as of now. (Hah!) These cookies came from the ol' fashioned Toll House website which is known, well. . . , for their chocolate chip cookies! So to no surprise, these cookies were absolutely delicious!
As I have posted many chocolate chip cookie variation recipes up on my site, this here is a CLASSIC chocolate chip cookie. So all in all as it might not be my absolute favorite out of the bunch, could it be safe to say that technically this cookie should win the challenge due to the regulations that were broken by all the other "chocolate chip" (and so much more) cookies? Well aside from that, they were yummy, chewy, and just all around tasty! These cookies bring back young childhood memories of sitting with neighbors and digging into a fresh-from-the-oven classic toll house cookie. I loved making them and to bring this challenge to a close, I am now satisfied with chocolate chip cookies. And maybe there really is no "perfect chocolate chip cookie" and the search will continue long after my life, for newer and more experienced recipes will be invented towards perfecting the classic chocolate chip cookie. But when it all comes down to the basics, that is all that is needed to make a "perfect" cookie; a little flour, chocolate, soda, sugar, and butter.
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup backed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups Nestle toll house semi sweet chocolate chips
LETS COOK!
combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a larger bowl and mix until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, and then gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips. Wrap dough in parchment paper and refrigerate up to one hour and preheat over to 375 F. Cut and roll dough into small rounds and press a tad down on the cent of the round. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 8 minutes or until done. Cool, serve, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun 'test' to do! I did this with Chocolate cake a few years ago--and finally found one. I throw a new one in the mix every now and then but always revert back to my old stand by. Have you ever tried Dorie Greenspan or the NY times CCC's? I've made Dorie's and they are amazing! I hear the NY times ones are great too!

    ReplyDelete