Sunday, February 14, 2010

CCC Challenge: Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

These chocolate and hazelnut cookies are also in tie for first place for my ultimate chocolate chip cookie challenge. The reason being is simply because I used hazelnuts, which are my absolute very favorite nut. They aren't very well known nor used here in the suburbs of Houston, but to me they are my idol, my super hero, my everything. I can not even imagine a cookie any more without the key ingredient of a simple chopped hazelnut. The taste is just impeccable and takes my breath away. The cookie as well is simply just fascinating with how extremely soft I was able to make the entire cookie, and the chocolate is so rich and creamy it melts instantly in my mouth. Typing this post up, I think it is decided that these truly have won me over and could very well win the gold medal for the first round of my chocolate chip cookie challenge.
So to New York Times; I am sorry to say, but I disagree that the secret to the best chocolate chip cookie is when dough is refrigerated up to thirty six hours, because this dough was not refrigerated for even a minute. Yet, it is my absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie, for I taste buttery goodness, fresh chocolate, coarsely chopped hazelnuts, and a soft yet not too gooey center. In fact, for once, I think I have found perfection towards a simply delectable cookie.
Ingredients:
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butte, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped hazelnuts
LETS COOK!
heat over to 375 degrees F. Stir flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugars at until creamy and soft. Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix until all incorporated. Gradually stir dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment