Sunday, February 28, 2010

Get Well Soon (Berry Banana Smoothie)

So Blake has unfortunately come down with mono. . . and that is all I will say. So before going with him to get his haircut I thought it would be a nice gesture to make a smoothie for the sick throat. This was my very first smoothie that I can recall from ever making from scratch out of the blue... I didn't really have a recipe nor know exactly what to put in a smoothie. But of course I knew fruit was needed and a little bit of ice. I took whatever I could find already in my refrigerator and made a berry banana smoothie! I loved it just as much as Blake and my mom did, so I'm thinking I can now call myself a successful smoothie maker who will definitely be making more in the future. . .
Ingredients:
1.5 bananas
10 raspberries
1/2 cup blackberry yogurt
10-20 pieces ice (depending on how thick you would like)
2 tablespoons orange juice
LETS COOK!
Chop up bananas and add to a blender. Add raspberries, ice, yogurt, and orange juice. Blend together until smooth and a smoothie is made. Serve, and enjoy!!! (WOW! how simple?! I mean it probably took me five or less minutes to make!)


No comments:

Post a Comment