Sunday, February 14, 2010

CCC Challenge: Smitten Kitchen's Chocoalte Chip Cookies

I just love and adore Smitten Kitchen. She has saved me from tragedy, helped me step by step to create my dream birthday cake, and now has contributed to my chocolate chip cookie challenge. She has yet to disappoint, and this is no exception. I enjoy baking anything and everything from her sweet and innocent website, for she has never let me down and everything I have made from her is recently on my list of faves. I love the stories behind every recipe she has to offer, for they bring character and really bring the food to life. She is inspirational, and I don't even know where I would be right now with out this trusty and delightfully sunny website. Her cookies are one of a kind, simple, and a real, true, chocolate chip cookie.
These cookies are posted under Smitten Kitchen's website as crispy and chewy. Indeed they are crispy in the right spots, as well as chewy in the center. They are the perfect size, and a perfect bite can be found every time. I love these cookies so much because they are simply that; chocolate chip cookies. They are easy to make, easy to store, and don't even take much time away from the day! They are pure and classic and a true definition of a chocolate chip cookie. I love and adore these cookies almost as much as I love and adore Smitten Kitchen as a whole.
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted melted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
LETS COOK!
Preheat over to 325 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside. In separate bowl, cream the melted butter, and sugars until blended. Beat in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. and press down the center of the cookies just a little. Bake for about 8 to 12 minutes or until ready. Cool, serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment