Saturday, December 12, 2009

Grilled Cheese Gone Sophisticated (3 cheese and tomato sandwich)


Okay, so after being stuck inside an old and cramped motel room for five hours taking the S.A.T. all I could think of half way through was that I wanted to go home and make something yummy, delicious, and nutritious. Hah! I'm totally kidding, but I did want to just stand up in the middle of the test and walk right out of that door, go down the three cases of suspiciously dark stairs, and cover my head with my many weighty books as the rain poured off my rain boots while running to my car. I was almost thinking to sacrifice my test in order to do what I love best; be in my kitchen. But I had to think logically, and in just two hours I would find myself whipping together one of the best lunch sandwiches I have made in a long, long time.

This is by far my favorite grilled cheese, for it is simple, yet a delectable lunch dish for one. (Or more, you choose!) The crunch in the bread gives it a great texture when paired with a variety of cheeses melted together to make one very unique taste. The oven-baked tomato warms the tummy up as well as the taste buds and will for sure make you smile on a depressingly cold, and dreary day.
Ingredients:
one slice of whole-wheat and grainy bread
one medium tomato
3 sprigs of parsley
one slice Swiss cheese
one slice pepper jack cheese
one slice parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
LETS COOK!
mix together in a small bowl the salt, pepper, vinaigrette, extra virgin olive oil, and 2 sprigs of parsley. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Slice the tomato into thirds, and using a pastry brush gently brush the ends of the tomato. (we will not be using the middle slice of the tomato). And make sure both sides of both tomatoes are brushed. Put into oven for about ten minutes. With a grilling pan, pour about one tablespoon of olive oil over the pan that is on medium-high heat. Now, with the rest of the mixture cover one side of the bread and then cut bread in half. place half of the bread onto pan with mixture side down. add Swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, and pepper jack cheese. (with pepperjack; tear into small chunks and disperse through sandwich.) When tomatoes come out of oven, peal of the skin and place on top of sandwich. put other half of bread on top and let sit on stove until cheese is half way melted. Flip sandwich and cook until cheese is completely melted, and bread is browned and crispy. serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment