Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Start of This Blog [Italian Truffles]


First, I would like to start off saying I used [ ] in my blog tittle instead of ( ), because according to Sky [and I quote] "It's prettier on the eyes". So what do y'all think? Yes, or no? because personally, I don't see the difference. (Sorry Sky!) But now to my absolute all time favorite blog post: And why you may ask? Well, these are exclusive Italian Truffles, made with love in each and every one. Also, these truffles are the original basis of my love for baking as well as the inspiration to my blog. (Hence my main photo on the top of of this page.)

I have made these same Italian Truffles multiple times, and each time they come out even better than the time before. This past summer my mother bought a dessert recipe book from a local book retailing store where I soon fell in love with this recipe. My mother as well as my entire family had many doubts that I would be able to conquer a truffle, but to their surprise (as well as mine) I not only was able to create such a beautiful and richly decedent dessert, but I conquered it quite well where it has now become my signature dessert in which I make them for many occasions; from my neighbor's summer pool bash and my best friend's birthday to a school project for English class and holiday gifts for neighbors.
Italian Truffles are made with such a simple recipe that it gives you room for your mind to be filled with endless possibilities of creative ideas to "spruce" up the truffle. To this batch, I have topped the truffles with coconut, chopped almonds, and grated chocolate. In the past I have added a cream filling, orange filling, hazelnuts, and even toasted almonds to the truffles. This recipe mixes well with almost any exotic flavoring, giving each individual truffle its very own unique taste.

Ingredients:
12 oz bittersweet chocolate (Ghirardelli is the best!)
4 tablespoons orange liqueur
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
1 cup ground almonds
For a topping:
grated coconut
grated chocolate
chopped almonds
LETS COOK!
melt the semisweet chocolate with the amaretto in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of hot water, stirring until well combined. Add the butter and stir until it has melted. Stir in the confectioner' sugar and the ground almonds. Let the mixture stand in a cool place until it is firm enough to roll into about 40 or so balls. Place the grated chocolate, coconut, and almonds on separate plates and roll the truffles in the chocolate to coat them. Place the truffles in candy paper liners and let chill. Then once hardened let come to room temperature before serving and enjoying!

1 comment:

  1. I agree these are your signature and absolute best dessert ever! I might even sneak to the kitchen and have one tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete