Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pizza Fridays (Supreme Pizza)

There is a tradition here at my cozy suburban hose; to order in pizza or hit the town for Russo's Italian Grille almost every Friday night with the fam. I live with a smaller family of three girls and my dad, therefore we are not ones to order in pounds and pounds of pizza. So we usually agree on one size pizza going half and half style to please everyone. But this Friday, my sister, LB, was coming in town from Alabama and I wanted to cook up something special for her knowing that when living the college life, home cooking is not usually an option. So to keep up with our Friday night tradition, I made a home-made pizza! It was a perfect and brilliant idea, and this way I was able to put exactly whatever I wanted as well as exactly what anyone else wanted onto the pizza. (This made it easier than having to pick off this and that like I most often do when a pizza is delivered.)
This specific post is the recipe of a supreme and meaty pizza. So I do have to admit, I myself, did not get the chance to try it, but my father ate every last bite and absolutely loved it. Therefore, I am safe to blog all about it considering I am most sure that the pizza was a success. I topped the pizza with all of my dad's faves such as black olives (something that I am not a fan of), green and red peppers, and lots and lots of deadly pepperoni. Ha! Okay so maybe it isn't deadly to us. . . but it sure is to those poor, poor little animals who are no longer with us living high up in animal heaven. Tear. I am aware however, that the majority of people enjoy a little pepperoni or meat on their pizza, so I respect that completely and went ahead and added some to this recipe.
Ingredients: (makes for half a pizza)
1/4 green pepper thinly sliced
1/4 red pepper thinly sliced
handful black olives
handful sliced pepperonis
1/4 pound freshly grated mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup freshly grated four-Italian cheese
pizza dough
tomato sauce (a recipe will soon follow)
LETS COOK!
Preheat oven to about 450 or as high as possible and with olive oil, grease pizza stone. Roll out dough to circle leaving "crust" a little thicker than inside center. Spread with tomato sauce evenly over entire pizza. On half of the pizza sprinkle all the cheeses and then place pepperoni on top. Finally add olives and peppers. Fill the other half of pizza with same recipe or anything else you would like! Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden, but NOT BURNT! Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment